Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

HTC T-Mobile G2

You want it, you got it. Introducing the next generation smartphone, the G2 by HTC.

The wait is over.
With a powerhouse processor built for T-Mobile's fastest network, everything from launching apps to downloading video hits top speed.

Just say the word.
With Google Voice Actions, you can send a text, an email or a note to self, listen to music, make a call, go to a website, get to an address or scour the internet with a few magic words.

Unlock the keys.

Text abbreviations are so not "U." With the bombproof slide-out QWERTY keyboard, you can write it precisely how you mean it.

Graphic detail.
The HD camcorder captures more than video. It captures the experience. And now you can share it, in lifelike color and resolution.

All-new Android OS.
With Android 2.2, you've got more speed, security, sync options, streaming media, and auto-updating apps than ever before.

4G speeds

You love speed. You want more. The new T-Mobile® G2™ will take that love to a whole new level with blazing-fast 4G speeds on our new network.* Think faster Web browsing and searching than on the T-Mobile® G1®, blazing-fast downloads of everything from once-scary attachments to the latest Android Market™ apps, uninterrupted YouTube™ viewing, and more. If you’re looking for faster phone speeds, the T-Mobile G2 is the smartphone that’s also a fast phone.

Pros:
  • Speed. If you aren’t into overclocking and rooting, then this phone actually packs quite the punch. Running an underclocked Snapdragon at exactly 806 MHz, we can see this baby was built for speed.
  • Size. This phone feels good in my hand. Plain and simple. Even feels better when held up to my ear. It has some weight to it. Maybe due to the fact the snapped a real titanium plate on the back? Does it help with reception you ask? We’ll get to that…
  • Software. It’s finally a pure Vanilla OS! Please excuse my excitement, but that is what I got into Android for in the beginning. Something plain and simple that I myself could customize! Not some 3rd party to muddy up!
  • Battery Life. I was using this thing constantly. Couldn’t stop playing with it. And at the end of the day it would be at 60%. To me, that is a huge factor. I need my phone to NOT die on me!
Unfortunately in this world you must take the Cons with the Pros. And these cons…are not flattering to an already tattered image.
Cons:
  • T-Mobile. I could literally go on for 48 hours straight on this carrier and how “bad” it is. So please just allow me a paragraph (or two). Kellex and MrPicolas have both heard enough whining about being on Edge more than 75% of the time during the 2 week period I had the phone (in San Francisco).  God forbid that you walk into a room with 4 walls and a roof that isn’t a T-Mobile store. I myself have two offices and my home. Outside of these dwellings I have 3 bars out of 4 of the so called “4G”. Oh, but wait! Step inside these mystic caves of black void and you get a huge “X” and “Searching for Service” on your homescreen.
  • Really?!? This is 2010! Almost 2011,  and already we have a major carrier concerned with what phones they offer over call quality and coverage area for their subscribers. I was lucky enough to grab a statement from the Regional Manager of the San Francisco T-Mobile branch. “We’re working on it and you should see a big difference within six months.” Not necessarily words of encouragement…
  • Hardware. I am not going to touch to much on this issue since it has been touched on by almost every other major blog/review site out there. Those Hinges will be a falling point for sure!
So what exactly does this mean? Well, if you have T-Mobile and somehow possibly like and receive service, then by all means, pick it up! You won’t be disappointed. If you were crazy enough to think about switching carriers for this piece of hardware….please don’t. I implore you to make another choice…

0 comments:

Post a Comment